Thursday, December 6, 2007

Cries of the heart

I am a whimpering ball of confused emotion today. Everywhere I turn, there seems to be devastation. Our friends in Uganda are dying, as we speak, and they sit back watching loved ones go...and can do nothing. As I talk to folks to help with our Christmas Baskets, I am hearing of kids without any clothes, shoes or even blankets to keep them warm. I hear of families torn apart by drugs and poverty. Teens are SO sad and lonely they are crying as they are brutally killing strangers in shopping malls. I want to cry out to God, but I fear what I may sound like.

Will I echo the words of David: "Why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from the words of my groaning? I cry out by day, but you do not answer. Many bulls surround me...roaring lions open their mouths wide against me........But you oh Lord, be not far off! Oh my strength, come quickly to help me!"

I really do not know what to think or even how to think today. I need peace that is NOT man made.

In Hebrews it says "...God has said "never will I leave you; never will I forsake you".
I long to be the man who places those words in his heart and clings to them with full fervor and faith.

Hear my heart cry God, for I cannot put the words on my lips today.

No comments: