Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holidays madness

So…..the holidays had me out of blogging for awhile…….it was not a season of restful peace. But, it was a good one. Leading up to Christmas saw a flurry of activity in the ministry. Our Christmas basket project this year exploded into something huge. We adopted 23 families (over 105 people!!!!) Wow!!!!!! The need, pain and hunger I found this year literally broke my heart. I am still reeling from it and trying to figure it out. I can’t believe folks just around the corner are forced to live this way….but I do pray the food, and gifts we took were able to bring a few smiles and possibly shine a tiny bit of Jesus’ life into their worlds. Here are some pics from that. (Out of respect for the families, the pics are only of the assembling…not the deliveries)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After 2 nights of assembling and delivering, we had the Children’s program at church I was leading. I recruited 2 amazing ladies this year who really put on a great evening! The family potluck and Santa visit was great too!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then on the 23rd, we had the W Main Youth Group Christmas Party. It was a really fun night. Thanks to the Winters for the use of their wonderful home.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here comes 2009!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gave my family a basket and it made my Mother cry. The only time I see Christians do anything is at Chrismas and it makes me really happy inside. Thank you very much.

Brian Pannell said...

Sorry this is so late...but Jennifer, I cannot stop thinking about your comment.

For one I am very glad we were able to make your mother happy. That is wonderful.

But I cannto get past your statement......."the only time I see Christians do anything is at Christmas"...
This BREAKS MY HEART. Thsi is not the call of Jesus, and I am sorry. I pray I can meet you one day.