Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Best Singer Ever?

Photobucket
Rolling Stone Magazine recently posted their list of the top 100 singers of all time. While this is an entirely impossible task, it is quite interesting. Okay, I understand that we each have our own opinions, and that is cool and necessary. But seriously.....this list has a few problems. Shall I share a few before you view it for yourself??? Okay, I will! :)

Aretha I can accept...but most definately it was old school Aretha and NOT inauguration Aretha! Lennon at 5 and MCCartney at 11.....ummmm nope, too big of a gap. Then seriously...........Thom Yorke at 66?!?!?!?!? Then there is the issue of Bobby Dylan in the top 10----I love the guy and consider him a legend...but purely as a singer and not ALSO songwriter, there is NO WAY he is before Stevie Wonder, Bono, or even in the top 20 (and don't get me started on Tom Waits!)And you seriously want me to believe that you can find 38 better singers than Jeff Buckley????? And lastly....where is Delores O'Riordan? Okay, I will stop now. Read for yourself and share some thoughts, would you?

here

No comments: