Thursday, February 26, 2009

Heavenly Politics

Daily in the news I see political fighting and arguing. Daily on Facebook I find myself in “friendly debates” about politics. What I see really disgusts me. I am not a fan of politicians in the first plan. I know we need Presidents, but I am not sure they are what God had in mind. I believe his exhortations in the ancient texts against Kings ring as true today as they did then.

Personally, I like to think I am open minded politically. While most of my friends would call me their hippie liberal friend, I simply would say that I don’t just vote on what the news tells me. For the record, I am not registered to any party, but am a registered independent voter.

What I see these days in US politics is such polarization. Why are we told that there are only 2 ways? Why does one certain part constantly present each and every decision as if there is only an “EITHER/OR” mentality? EX: “either you believe in big government or no government”, or “either you believe in drilling for oil or you’re a loony tree hugger”, etc. and so on.

This is NOT TRUE! There is another way! There are other ways of thinking! As I study Jesus more and more, I am learning that Jesus ALWAYS presented the “third way”. There were the differing opinions that we argued here on earth and then there was GOD’S WAY.

This is how I wish to live my life. I am tired of trying the ways of man. I am weary from my efforts to find which person is “doing it best”. I want to live a life that simply uses the words of God as a manual/guidebook. I choose the “3rd way”, I choose life in God’s plan.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It is difficult to be in this world but not of this world.