Thursday, March 13, 2008

1-14 and 15- 08 "Squatting around the Throne of Glory

1-15-08

I skipped yesterday….well because it was spent in a toilet induced haze!
I am just really ill. I must have been in the bathroom 300 times in the last 24 hrs. I am very weak. Jeff says it is either Giardia or some Amoebic dysentery. OH BOY! I did start taking cipro last night…I hope this will kill something in me!

Today I am still pretty nasty. I did drink a little water and a Sprite today. I could even walk. I woke up and went to get a drink. I forgot where I was, so you can imagine my surprise when I opened the door up to a giant warthog!
Photobucket
The drive home was a little rough, but I made it fine. I even ate 4 crackers, my first food in days! Once on Ft. Portal we find out that the Kenya violence is worse and there is literally NO GAS. So sadly, Jeff and Andrew cannot take us and see us off.

But Jeff found a cab driver in town to take us in a crammed little van for a good price. So, somehow we made it to Kampala that night. We stayed at the MAF house. Once again, I was too sick to join my friends, so they left to eat at the American Club. I called my wife and for the 1st time I really lost my emotions. It was totally unfair to her. SORRY DEAR!

We called Dr. Ellen, and Wendy got me some meds. She is convinced it is dysentery. It was STRONG meds. I took 4000 mgs of antibiotics in one dose. Since we fly tomorrow, she was trying to kill anything in me!

What a day.

No comments: