Saturday, September 6, 2008

“Boy’s Night Out”

Last night, several fellas from church and our sons had a father/son campout up at my buddy Mark's property. It was SO awesome. Jude had been talking about for over a week. He was pumped. The thought of games, cooking over a fire, throwing apples at cows, and NO GORLS had him elated! J It was NO disappointment. What a special night. We played capture the flag with Nerf dart guns. We threw apples at cows (you really should try it). We played football and badminton. We cooked turkey dogs and smores. We told stories by the fire. And we just loved our sons! I am so grateful to have a boy, and so grateful to have friends along with me on this journey. These are the moments that I pray God never takes from my memory! Here are some pics from the evening:


 



Photobucket
going out for a deep ball

Photobucket
a motley crew

Photobucket
Danger is my middle name

Photobucket
guarding their teams' flag

Photobucket
Sir Gandalf

Photobucket
making smores

Photobucket
bedtime with best friends

No comments: