Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Merr Bear

My little girl Merrick has now also started school. It is only a 3 hour, 2 days a week pre-school, run by my wife's best friend, at our church, downstairs from my office….but it is still school and a BIG milestone. Merrick was made for this. She was born a social butterfly. She makes friends anywhere she goes. She is going to be the life of the party for the rest of her life. Just yesterday I was changing her diapers, now I am watching her play piano and make up songs, give dance recitals, and take care of her baby dolls. And now…she is my little pre-schooler J. She is my baby with a smile that melts ice caps. I am so proud of who she is. She is a lover and snuggler. She is so hospitable even at 3. She is fun and funny. She brings SUCH energy and joy into my world. So Merrick…..have fun. Make friends. Be good. And know your daddy thinks the world of you my dear!



Photobucket
Photobucket

I believe the light that shines on you
Will shine on you forever
And though I can't guarantee
There's nothing scary hiding under your bed
I’m gonna stand guard
Like a postcard of a Golden Retriever
And never leave till I leave you
With a sweet dream in your head

I'm gonna watch you shine
Gonna watch you grow
Gonna paint a sign
So you'll always know
As long as one and one is two
There could never be a father
Who loved his daughter more than I love you

"Father and Daughter"- Paul Siomn

No comments: