Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hallelujah

Wow...thank GOODNESS for artistic evolution. Years ago, when Justin Timberlake was dancing around on puppet strings for Nsync, very few of us music snobs would have thought to consider him a "real musician". But the kid is undeniably talented. I went through a personal rough time a few years back when I had to admit to myself that I REALLY liked much of his solo work (admitting you have a problem is the 1st step to recovery right?).

So.....if you still had any doubts, the Haiti telethon should have erased them. His version (along with Matt Morris) of Leonard Cohen's oft-covered "Hallelujah" was sublimely beautiful. Understated, powerful, and harmonious...I thought it was the evenings highlight. If you did not see it, please check this out:

1 comment:

Rachel McCord said...

i LOVE him and matt morris together, i've been diggin their stuff lately.

i've always preferred JT solo to Nsync, the boy can belt.