Thursday, November 8, 2007

Holiness: Up to You?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today I went to the funeral of a friend. His name was Sam. He went to the Weed church of Christ. Sam lived to be 92 yrs. Old, and despite severe agonizing arthritis and cancer, he served the Lord’s Table at the church every week, right up until death. He was a model of quiet servant hood. It was a beautiful military service at the church and cemetery.

After, I got to thinking, as funerals will often make you do. It is always so amazing for me to hear the affect that individuals have on so many different people, and in so many different ways! And I always wonder what it is that people ill say about me one day. It makes you think. How do we affect people? Are they paying attention when we don’t realize? How do others perceive me?

I hope I can live a life that shows many things: good husband, good parent, good friend, etc. But what matters the most is that we live a life that shows God! In Ezekiel we are told that God plans on using our lives to prove His holiness to the world. “Then the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the sovereign Lord, when I show myself through you before their eyes” 36:23.

Did you catch that? The actions of His people will be one way that God shows His holiness to this world! It makes me think. Is that holiness apparent in me? Who can see it? Does the world notice? Is it apparent in you? Will folks remember it?

We are called to a higher standard. We are called to holiness. Let is shine from each of us.

No comments: