Monday, November 5, 2007

"I'm Rich...(in best Dave Chappelle voice)"

I am probably the richest dude I know. In fact, right now, I am 100% sure of it! And this is very weird to say, given my chosen profession. And also due to the fact that: I was paid yesterday and after sending off bills I have less than $100 right now to make it through the month, my TV is going bad and the picture is so dark you can barely see it, my PC is so old and slow that it will take a good 5 minutes to post this blog, and all my underwear have holes in them. Yet, I sit here and proclaim great riches!
I just put my daughter to bed. My wife is out of town (hurry home dear) and my son fell asleep early. SO she and I stayed up a little late. It was wonderful. We read some books and she practiced her colors. Then, she lay in my lap as we shared her 1st viewing of "Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin". I played with her beautiful angelic blonde hair. She looked up twice and smiled a smile so warm that it could melt the great polar ice caps. The smiles were followed by "I love you Daddy". Twice she randomly sat up to kiss me. And on one of the last commercials she left the room for a minute and then came running back in with a grin from ear to ear, with a baby doll wrapped in her blankie, and she handed it to me proudly saying "It's a present for you Dada". I just put her to sleep. As I stroked her hair again I sang her favorite 2 bedtime songs of Twinkle Little Star and Jesus Loves the Little Children. As I left she again smiled and said "I love you Dada".

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So, once again, I boldly shout: "I am the richest man in this world". I would not trade these blessings for all the millions in the world. My God is good.

No comments: