Thursday, November 6, 2008

I need peace

Almighty, ever-living God, You give strength to the weary and new courage to those who have lost heart. Hear the prayers of all who call on You in any trouble that they may have the joy of receiving Your help in their need. Sometimes
Everything seems so meaningless and nothing appeals to my better instincts.
Help me to remember that Jesus gave meaning to everything in the world.
Let me bank on that fact and get over this time of difficulty,
to really trust in the depths of my being that you will never let me down.
Slow me down, Lord. Ease the pounding of my heart with the quieting of my mind. Steady my hurried pace with a vision of the eternal reach of time. Give me, amid the confusion of the day, the calmness of the everlasting Lord. Break the tensions of my nerves and muscles with the soothing music of the singing streams that live in my memory.
Thank you for loving us and listening to me. You know the depths of my heart...its beauty and its ugliness. I pray you take it and make it what you will have me to be.

2 comments:

Rachel McCord said...

Hmmm...Psalm 151 anyone?
Beautifully written, and resoundingly true in my heart as well.

Rachel McCord said...

Hmmm...Psalms 151 anyone?
Beautifully written brothher, and in resounding agreement with my own heart.