Thursday, February 28, 2008

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

Don Williams VS
Photobucket

WHO IS MORE FAMOUS?????????
Maybe the better question is how many of you can actually name the 1st dude?????

His name is Don Williams. he was a country singer in the 70's and 80's. He was pretty popular. In fact, his music is pretty good. BUT.......he aint no Elvis!!!

So, as we were eating a meal in Gardens Restaraunt in Ft. Portal Uganda, they were playing music. Two artists kept popping up alot: Dolly Parton and Don Williams. So I asked my 2 local friends Derrick and Patrick about it. Basically I learned that Don Williams is a HUGE rock star in Uganda! They LOVE HIM! "My mom always plays his music" Derrick said. (funny irony is that Don is an elder in the Church of Christ. If any of you knows how to reach him please let me know!) He is HUGE!

Then I asked a dumb question......... what abotu Elvis or the Beatles. I got the answer I never imagined possible anywhere: WHO. Yeah, you heard me right....they asked WHO Elvis and the Beatles were!!!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly did NOT know there was a place on earth where these men were not famous! I was BLOWN away..... REALLY?????

I still am blown away.........

1 comment:

Hol said...

That is interesting. It's like telling someone you want to go to McDonalds, and they reply, "What is McDonalds?"

What a wakeup call.